P&L responsibility and extensive global experience building new ventures and world class teams in fast paced/turnaround matrix organizations. Demonstrated leadership in championing end-to-end supply chain transformation mandates, driving change management and influencing diverse stakeholders across the value chain.
- Increase operational efficiency
- Build a shared services organization for a multi-business-unit global enterprise with accountability for leading the transformation to a centralized supply chain function encompassing: operations, procurement, quality assurance, strategic sourcing, and distribution
- Negotiate long-term strategic contracts and service level agreements from a center-led leadership perspective resulting in cost reductions while improving quality, service, environmental stewardship, and speed-to-market
- Accountable for supply chain strategy, leadership, and integration across the travel and hospitality business units. Lead cross-business unit supply teams and delivered change management initiatives. Manage the acquisition of goods and services of direct and indirect categories: IT (hardware, software, and telecommunications), food & beverage, furniture & fixtures, equipment, business services, facilities management, operating supplies, HR benefits, marketing, print, and office supplies.
Must have 10+ years of Purchasing experience within the Travel and Hospitality Industries
This position reports to the CEO of the parent company.
Bachelors or Masters Degree with majors in Supply Chain Strategy & Management and Negotiation skills.
The preferred candidate possesses the following competencies:
- Integrity and work commitment (trust, confidentiality, fair process, positive attitude, honesty)
- Able to influence other (gain support, influences commitment to business/customer, vendors/suppliers and all staff members)
- Oral communication (face to face, telephone, giving/getting information, listening)
- Self reliance (works independently, gets things done, takes responsibilities)
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible (adjusts to multiple demands, work area/organization needs/change)
- Results orientation (quality, quantity, efficiency, performance, high expectations)
- Thinks strategically (future oriented, adjust to trends, thinks in strategic terms)
- Establishes and tracks projects and plans against goals and budget (sets and monitors budget, forecast resources, establishes measurements, controls costs)
- PC skills (windows, off-the-shelf software as related to business)
- Must possess a corporate wardrobe
- Effective communication (oral, written, behaviors, actions, and inspires confidence)
- Personal organization (time management, prioritization, neat, orderly focused, plans)
While performing this job, it will require:
- Eight (8) hours or more a day of sitting; walking; standing; bending; answering the telephone; entering data into the computer; retrieving data from the computer or analyzing data from reports.
This position may require overnight travel up to 20% (including travel by car and by airplane).
If you have filled out an Application (Form B) with Yours In Travel Group (within this year) please DO NOT fill out an Application on this site (Executive Registry). Yours In Travel Group is owned by P. Jason King Associates, Inc. and we utilize the same proprietary database.
All Candidates MUST fill out Executive Registry www.pjasonkingassociates.com prior to conversations with our management team.