Prepares timely, accurate financial analysis of operations for the guidance of Management. The CFO is responsible for developing and the implementing the companies' financial policy and procedures, and includes hands on management of the Accounting Department, interaction with all levels in the organization, and relationships with outside business partners. Responsibilities include management of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Margin/Tour Accounting, Payroll, Treasury and General Accounting functions in a mid sized company with a fast paced environment.
- Develops and analyses statistical and accounting information in order to evaluate operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other key metrics. Provides and interprets the results of operations to all levels of management.
- Directs the accounting department in preparation of all financial reports, including the monthly financial statements.
- Maintains the company's system of accounts and is the lead on financial system process enhancements and implementation. Keeps policy and procedures documents current.
- Assists in the coordination and preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, institutes and maintains planning and control procedures.
- Preparation of cash flow projections and analysis.
- Closely monitors the treasury/cash management functions.
- Manage foreign currency risk through purchase of forward contracts based on projected requirements. Daily monitoring of exchange rates.
- Provide sales forecasts on a monthly basis.
- Review and approval of Overseas Office operating expenses and tour costs.
- Supervision of Accounts Payable including review and approval of all payments to vendors.
- Analysis of Tour related costs and margin projections. Assist Product Directors in evaluating tours for profitability.
- Responsible for evaluating the performance of personnel in the Accounting Department, including establishing objectives, training and mentoring staff.
- Assures protection of the companies' assets through internal control, auditing and review.
- Oversees the reconciliation of bank accounts completed by others.
- Review of payroll processing and related transactions.
- Oversees annual outside audit and provides assistance to tax return preparers.
Degree in Accounting, CPA a plus. Minimum of 10 years experience, 5 years in a management role. Minimum 5 years accounting experience in a travel company, preferably a tour operator. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment. Skill in math, attention to detail, strong PC skills. Organized and analytical. Willingness to follow procedures. High degree of honesty, and integrity. Travel Industry experience.
This position reports to the CEO
- Strategically minded with the ability to bring new business concepts to life.
- Strong interpersonal skills, executive presence and relate well with all levels of employees as well as external clients/vendors/and important business contacts.
- Participative management style-advocates team concept.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive with ability to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities.
- Results and profit-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations.
The preferred candidate will hold a BS in Accounting from a four year College or University; or 10+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent of education and 5 current years experience in the travel industry business. MBA or CPA a plus.
The preferred candidate possesses the following competencies:
- Integrity and work commitment (trust, confidentiality, fair process, positive attitude, honesty)
- Able to influence other (gain support, influences commitment to business/customer, vendors/suppliers and all staff members)
- Oral communication (face to face, telephone, giving/getting information, listening)
- Self reliance (works independently, gets things done, takes responsibilities)
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible (adjusts to multiple demands, work area/organization needs/change)
- Results orientation (quality, quantity, efficiency, performance, high expectations)
- Thinks strategically (future oriented, adjust to trends, thinks in strategic terms)
- Establishes and tracks projects and plans against goals and budget (sets and monitors budget, forecast resources, establishes measurements, controls costs)
- PC skills (windows, off-the-shelf software as related to business)
- Must possess a corporate wardrobe
- Effective communication (oral, written, behaviors, actions, and inspires confidence)
- Personal organization (time management, prioritization, neat, orderly focused, plans)
While performing this job, it will require:
- Eight (8) hours or more a day of sitting; walking; standing; bending; answering the telephone; entering data into the computer; retrieving data from the computer or analyzing data from reports.
This position may require overnight travel up to 20% (including travel by car and by airplane).
If you have filled out an Application (Form B) with Yours In Travel Group (within this year) please DO NOT fill out an Application on this site (Executive Registry). Yours In Travel Group is owned by P. Jason King Associates, Inc. and we utilize the same proprietary database.
All Candidates MUST fill out Executive Registry www.pjasonkingassociates.com prior to conversations with our management team.